Terms & Conditions
This page tells you information about us and the legal terms and conditions (Terms) on which we sell any of the products (Products) listed on our website (site) to you.
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products to you (Contract) and your use of our site. Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them before ordering any Products from our site.
Please note that before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these Terms. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Products from our site.
We may amend these Terms from time to time and we will notify you of any significant changes by email.
Every time you order Products from us, the Terms in force at the time of your order will apply to the Contract between you and us.
Information about us
- We operate the website bunktrunks.com. We are Bunks Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 09912150 and with our registered office at 87a High Street, The Old Town, Hemel Hempstead, HP1 3AH. Our VAT number is 241134060.
- If you wish to contact us for any reason, including because you have any complaints, you can contact us by e-mailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail or by post to the address you provide to us in your order.
- Our Products
The images of the Products on our site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer's display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the Products. Your Products may vary slightly from those images.
Use of our site
- Our site is made available to you free of charge. You acknowledge that, from time to time, the site may be unavailable and that we may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site at any time without notice.
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a login name or password, you must treat such information as confidential and not disclose it to any third party.
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- You may link to our site provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You may use our imagery from the site on your social media pages, provided you do so in a fair and legal way that does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. Our status as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
- Intellectual Property
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
How the contract is formed between you and us
- Our shopping pages will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with us. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
- After you place an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in clause 5.3 below.
- We will confirm our acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the Products ordered have been dispatched (Dispatch Confirmation). The Contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
- Whilst we do try to keep our site up to date so that it only shows items that are in stock, sometimes items sell out quickly and, when this happens, we will try our best to offer alternatives. Please note that holding items in your basket does not secure stock, once your order has been completed, your stock will be allocated.
- If we are unable to supply you with a Product, we will inform you of this by e-mail or by telephone and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the Products, we will refund you the full amount including any delivery costs charged as soon as possible.
- Please note, we may not accept your order if:
- an item you have ordered is out of stock;
- if your card is due to expire within 28 days of your purchase date;
- we are unable to obtain authorisation for your payment; or
- if we identify a product or pricing error.
- We reserve the right to reject any offer to purchase by you at any time and at our sole discretion.
- Your Dispatch Confirmation will include an order number which we have assigned to your order. This should be used if you need to contact us about your order.
- Your Right to Make Changes
- If you wish to make a change to your order please contact us by emailing email@example.com and we will let you know if the change is possible.
- If the change is possible, we will inform you about any changes to the price of your order and the timing of delivery and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change.
- If we cannot make the change, or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract in accordance with clause 7 below.
- Right of return and refund for consumers in the European Union
If you are a consumer based in the European Union, you have a legal right to cancel a Contract which has been made online, which starts from the date of the Order Confirmation (the date on which we e-mail you to confirm our acceptance of your order). Your deadline for cancelling the Contract is then as follows:
- To cancel a Contract, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. You may use a copy of the form which is set out at the bottom of these Terms. You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you cancel your Contract before a Product has been delivered to you, we shall refund you the price you paid for the Products, including any costs of delivery.
- Subject to clause 7.10 below, if you decide to cancel your Contract after a Product has been delivered, you must return the Product to us unworn, without undue delay and in any event, we ask no later than 14 days after the day on which you let us know that you wanted to cancel the Contract.
- Please complete the returns form sent to you with your Product stating the reason for return and return the unworn Product in the original packaging and delivery envelope (please use the additional envelope flap provided).
- Please note that unless the Products are faulty or not as described, you will be responsible for the delivery cost of returning the Products, including any duties and taxes, unless you are returning the Product from within the United Kingdom please use the freepost sticker provided to place over the original address label.
- Please note, no refund will be given on Products that have been worn by you or where there is evidence of the hygiene strip has been removed.
- We cannot be held responsible for any returned Products that are lost in delivery back to us, so please always obtain a ‘proof of postage’.
- On receipt of your returned Products, we shall:
- refund you the price you paid for the Products less (if applicable) a reduction in price to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods that has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop;
- refund you the cost of our delivery based on the least expensive delivery option; and
- make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within 14 days from the day on which we receive the Products back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the Products back to us.
- If you have returned the Products to us under this clause 7 because they are faulty or not as described, we will refund the price of the Products in full, together with any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us.
- We will refund you on the credit card or debit card used by you to pay.
- As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by your right of return and refund in this clause 7 or anything else in these Terms. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
Right of return and refund for consumers outside of the European Union
- You may end your Contract any time within 14 days of receipt of the Products but in some circumstances, we may charge you for doing so, as described below. This clause 8 does not affect your right to cancel where a Product is faulty or mis-described.
- If you are ending a Contract for a reason set out at 8.2.1 to 8.2.4 below, the Contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any Products which have not been provided or that have not been provided properly and you may also be entitled to further compensation. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an upcoming change to the Product or these terms which you do not agree to;
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the Product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that supply of the Products may be significantly delayed because of Events Outside Our Control; or
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
- If you are not ending the Contract for one of the reasons set out in clause 8.2, then the Contract will end immediately and we will refund any sums paid by you for Products not provided but we may deduct from that refund reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending the Contract.
- Please complete the returns form sent to you with your Product stating the reason for return. Please note that, unless the Products are faulty or not as described, you will be responsible for the delivery cost of returning the Products, including any duties and taxes.
- Please note, no refund will be given on Products that have been worn by you or where there is evidence that the hygiene strip has been removed.
- We cannot be held responsible for any returned Products that are lost in delivery to us so please always obtain a ‘proof of postage’.
- All customers have the right to exchange unworn Products within 14 days of receipt. Please complete the relevant exchange form sent to you with your order.
- Please place the completed exchange form and the unworn Product back into the original packaging and delivery envelope to return it to us.
- If you are returning a Product from within the United Kingdom, please use the freepost sticker provided to place over the original address label. If you are a Customer outside of the United Kingdom, you will be liable for the cost of delivery to return the Product.
- If the new Product you have requested is unavailable, we will inform you of such and ask you to either choose an alternative Product or cancel your Contract.
- If the new Product is different in price to the original Product ordered, we will contact you to ask you how you would like to proceed with your purchase.
- We will contact you with an estimated delivery date, which will be within 30 days after the date of the Dispatch Confirmation (the date on which we e-mail you to confirm our acceptance of your order). Occasionally our delivery to you may be affected by an “Event Outside Our Control”. See clause 16 for our responsibilities when this happens.
- All orders requiring next day delivery must be placed by 3 pm (GMT) and you will be required to provide your mobile number for the courier to send you SMS updates of your delivery.
- Delivery of an order shall be completed when we deliver the Products to the address you gave us or you or a carrier organised by you collect them from us and the Products will be your responsibility from that time.
- You own the Products once we have received payment in full, including all applicable delivery charges.
- We also deliver to countries outside of the United Kingdom and Europe (International Delivery Destinations).
- If you order Products from our site for delivery to an International Delivery Destination, your order may be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied when the delivery reaches that destination. Please note that we have no control over these charges and we cannot predict their amount. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes.
- You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. We will not be liable or responsible if you break any such law.
Price of Products and delivery charges
- Subject to the remainder of this clause, the prices of the Products will be as quoted on our site at the time you submit your order.
- Prices for our Products may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order you have already placed.
- The price of a Product is always quoted in Pounds Sterling and includes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the United Kingdom for the time being. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Products in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
- The price of a Product does not include delivery charges. Our delivery charges are as advised to you during the check-out process, before you confirm your order.
- It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products on our site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that:
- where the Product's correct price is less than the price stated on our site, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Products to you. However, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing, we do not have to provide the Products to you at the incorrect (lower) price; and
- if the Product's correct price is higher than the price stated on our site, we will contact you in writing as soon as possible to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Product at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing. If you have already paid for the Product we shall refund the full amount within 30 days of the date of your order.
How to pay
- You can only pay for Products using a debit card or credit card. We accept the following cards: Visa, MasterCard, Delta/Connect, Amex, Maestro or PayPal.
- Payment for the Products and all applicable delivery charges is in advance. We will not charge your debit card, credit card account until we dispatch your order.
- Your online purchases are processed using appropriate methods of internet security technology.
- If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this Contract.
- We only supply the Products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the product for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession);
- any breach of the terms implied by section 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples);
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; and
- any breach of your rights in relation to the Products under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
we are not responsible for websites we link to
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
- We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Events outside our control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control is defined below in clause 16.2.
- An Event Outside Our Controlmeans any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
- we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
- You may cancel a Contract affected by an Event Outside Our Control which has continued for more than 30 days. To cancel please contact us. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant Products you have already received and we will refund the price you have paid, including any delivery charges.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR) is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to contact the ADR provider we use. You can submit a complaint to the ADR Group via their website at www.consumer-dispute.co.uk. The ADR Group will not charge you for making a complaint and if you are not satisfied with the outcome you can still bring legal proceedings. Please note that we do not agree to be bound by the decision of the ADR Group.
- In addition, please note that disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform at https://ec.europa.eu/odr. If you decide to use this service, please use the following email address when asked for the trader's email address when completing the form: ODR@bunkstrunks.com.
Other important terms
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms. We will always notify you in writing or by posting on this webpage if this happens.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- These Terms are governed by English law. This means a Contract for the purchase of Products through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and we both agree to that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
If you wish to withdraw from the contract, please copy and paste the form below, complete the details and return the form either by registered post to or by email to email@example.com.
87A High Street
The Old Town
I [NAME] hereby give notice that I cancel my contract of sale of the following Products [SPECIFY PRODUCTS],
Ordered on [DATE]/received on [DATE],
Name of consumer,
Address of consumer,
Signature of consumer (only if this form is notified on paper).